Women Veterans: when was the last time you participated in something that was created just for you, focused solely on your needs?
As natural caretakers, many women can find it difficult to say no. As women veterans, you embody sacrifice and service. You are often the first to volunteer, to lend a hand, to say yes when others say no – frequently at your own expense.
This is an admirable trait and something we love and appreciate about you. But at the end of the day, doing everything for everyone else all the time can leave you feeling exhausted, drained, and even irritable toward the people you love.
Virtue of Saying No
Sometimes you have to say no, so you can say yes to yourself. Saying yes to yourself, doing something good for YOU, puts more fuel in your tank. It may seem counterintuitive, but when you give to yourself, you have EVEN MORE to give to others.
Many of us have heard it, time and again, “You can’t give what you don’t have.”
Specifically for you, this group was created to give you an opportunity to explore and experience gratitude, self-compassion, and simple ways you can take care of your whole body. You are valuable and it’s time you treated yourself as such.
Gratitude As a Starting Point
Positive Psychology has shown that we can heal and change our physiology through the simple practice of gratitude, while it’s a fact that we have more to give to others when we ourselves are nourished.
Join us in exploring the many different, often overlooked, and sometimes surprising things for which we might feel gratitude – including simple ways we can care for ourselves, mind… body… and spirit.
Meeting on Mondays via the GoToMeeting online platform from 4-5 p.m.
- Week 1: The Positive Effects of a Gratitude Practice
- Week 2: Self-Compassion & Self-Care (It’s more and less than you think!)
- Week 3: Simple Breathing Techniques to Center and Soothe
- Week 4: Mindful Movement to Heal the Nervous System & Take the Edge Off
- Week 5: Nourish Your Body – Foods & Supplements to Make You Feel Whole
- Week 6: Laughter IS the Best Medicine – Laughter Yoga & Its Brain Benefits
- Week 7: Defining Purpose, Connecting to Something Bigger than Yourself
- Week 8: Self-Expression IS Caring for Yourself… and Caring for Others, Too!
How to Join
Call 512-451-7337, and select option 8 to connect with the front office or email firstname.lastname@example.org