Individual therapy (also called counseling or psychotherapy) involves working one-on-one with a trained therapist in a safe, caring, and confidential environment that is tailored to your needs. Therapists work together with their clients to define and achieve their goals, and to help grow clients’ understanding about themselves and how they relate to others.
At the Samaritan Center, we honor our clients’ diverse backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and identities, and our clinicians are experienced in addressing a wide variety of symptoms and concerns. We offer services in Spanish and English, provide culturally-informed and faith-sensitive care, and welcome individuals of all genders and sexual orientations. Once you call to make an appointment, our intake specialists will match you with a therapist best suited to meet your individual needs.
Some of the things that therapy can help with are:
- Managing and overcoming anxiety, depression, and stress
- Coping with grief and loss
- Feeling better after a period of feeling “off” or hopeless
- Addressing substance use/abuse and compulsive behaviors
- Building healthier boundaries and stronger relationships
- Fostering personal growth and more positive self-regard
- Healing from trauma or overwhelming experiences
- Concerns about gender and sexuality
- Exploring personal meaning, growth, and spirituality
- Responding to difficult life events and transitions
Types of therapy (also called modalities) are as diverse as an individual’s needs. Some therapists specialize in one modality, while others incorporate several according to their client’s needs. All of our therapists employ modalities that are evidence-based, which means that they have a high degree of efficacy based on extensive research. Here are a few modalities that our therapists specialize in:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Pastoral or Spiritual Counseling
- Solutions Focused Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Child and Adolescent therapy
- Family Counseling
To learn more about our therapists, click here.