Employment Opportunities at Samaritan Center
Licensed Therapist – LCSW, LPC or LMFT
We are seeking an energetic, passionate staff therapist to provide individual, group, couple, and family counseling, with an emphasis on family therapy and couples counseling (LMFT preferred). He or she may also provide workshops and/or community education on a variety of mental health-related topics. Staff therapists are part of a clinical team and will participate regularly in case consultation and other required administrative activities. Pastors/clergy are encouraged to apply.
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit counseling and integrative wellness center. Our mission is to heal hearts, provide hope, and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. We envision a healthy and compassionate community where every individual achieves mental, physical, spiritual and social well-being.
Full-time therapists receive comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and retirement plan, with opportunities for advanced training and education, and paid professional license fees.
- Reporting to the Clinical Director, a staff therapist provides individual, group and family counseling to child, adolescent, and adult clients.
- Caseload comprises a majority of child and/or family and/or couples
- Provide parent coaching and support to parents/caregivers of children and adolescents
- Administer client services including: intake, assessment, treatment planning, and documentation via electronic record keeping.
- Reviews client record to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered.
- Maintains current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and Samaritan Center policies
- Provides workshops and/or community education on a variety of mental health-related topics as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and trainings.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, or Counseling.
- Requires licensure in Texas at time of hiring.
- Preferred: LMFT. Clergy/pastors are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in high-demand outpatient mental health setting.
- Knowledge and experience providing therapy that is trauma-informed and evidence-based.
- Ability to assess a client’s therapeutic needs, to establish a therapeutic relationship, and to evaluate therapeutic outcomes.
- Work cooperatively with an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Experience providing culturally-sensitive treatment to individuals from diverse religious/spiritual, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including a willingness to incorporate a client’s faith into counseling if requested.
- Experience and education related to therapy for children, adolescents, couples, and families.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Records system, as well as comfort with computers, Microsoft office, and various software applications.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contact by email please. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Internship Opportunities at Samaritan Center
If you are interested in an internship with us, please read this first.
- At this time, we are only accepting interns from the following schools with which we have partnerships: The University of Texas, Texas State University and St. Edwards University.
- Typically, Spring internship spots are reserved for social work students while Summer and Fall internships are reserved for counseling interns.
- For clinical internships, we only accept 2nd year internships.
- First year graduate students or bachelor-level social work students may submit an application for care-management opportunities at the Samaritan Center.
- We begin accepting applications for Spring internships in October and for Fall internships in February. Interviews are in November and April.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying, please email your resume and education objectives to Shawna@samaritan-center.org.