Employment Opportunities at Samaritan Center
The Samaritan Center is a non-profit agency whose mission is to heal hearts, provide hope and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. Since 1974, Samaritan Center provides professional, evidence-based counseling, integrative medicine (acupuncture, herbal medicine and Pilates) and peer support to the Central Texas community. We serve children and adults of all ages and walks of life. We strive to provide low-cost services to those who can’t afford the cost of professional services and take insurance for insured clients. Programs include Children and Whole Families, Hope for Heroes, and Healthy Community.
Intake Specialist – Part-Time
As an Intake Specialist, you will have the opportunity to assist in connecting clients with services to help them on their path to well-being. We take a fully integrative approach to supporting the individual and the entire family – mind, body, spirit, and community. This position will work closely with members of the military community to help connect veterans, service members and their families to a wide range of services offered through our Hope for Heroes program. Additionally, will have the opportunity to help individuals experiencing many unmet needs in our community through our Healthy Community Initiative, which provides services and connection to community resources for those who need us the most. We are an equal opportunity employer and Samaritan Center recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including, but not limited to people of color, veterans, LGBTQ-identifying people, individuals with disabilities and gender-nonconforming people.
Counseling & Social Work Internships
If you are interested in an internship with us, please read this first.
- At this time, we are only accepting interns from the following schools with which we have partnerships: The University of Texas, Texas State University, and St. Edwards University.
- Typically, Spring internship spots are reserved for social work students while Summer and Fall internships are reserved for counseling interns.
- For clinical internships, we only accept 2nd year internships.
- First-year graduate students or bachelor level social work students may submit an application for care management opportunities at the Samaritan Center.
- We begin accepting applications for Spring internships in October and for Fall internships in February. Interviews are in November and April.
All internships are currently filled until further notice.