Employment Opportunities at Samaritan Center
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit agency whose mission is to heal hearts, provide hope and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. In its 47th year, Samaritan Center provides professional, evidence-based counseling, integrative medicine (acupuncture, herbal medicine and Pilates) and peer support to the Central Texas community. We serve children and adults of all ages and walks of life. We strive to provide low-cost services to those who can’t afford the cost of professional services and take insurance for insured clients. Programs include Children and Whole Families, Hope for Heroes, and Justice Involved Veterans Field Services.
We are seeking an energetic, passionate staff therapist to provide child, adolescent, adult and family counseling. He or she may also provide workshops, groups and/or community education on a variety of mental health related topics. Currently services are being provided through tele-health, but eventually services will include in-person therapy. Staff therapists are part of a clinical team and will participate regularly in case consultation and other required administrative activities. Bilingual/Spanish speaking preferred.
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit counseling and integrative wellness center. Our mission is to heal hearts, provide hope, and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. We envision a healthy and compassionate community where every individual achieves mental, physical, spiritual and social wellbeing. Full-time therapists receive comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, with opportunities for advanced training and education, and paid professional license fees.
- Reporting to the Clinical Director, a staff therapist provides individual, group and family counseling to child, adolescent, and adult clients.
- Caseload comprised a majority of child and/or family, though may also work with adults and couples
- Provide parent coaching and support to parents/caregivers of children and adolescents
- Provides the number of agreed upon clinical hours and maintain clinical caseload
- Provide trauma-informed care and work with trauma-informed care partners in the community
- Administer client services including: intake, assessment, treatment planning, and documentation via electronic record keeping.
- Reviews client record to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered. Maintains current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and Samaritan Center policies
- Provide workshops and/or community education on a variety of mental health related topics as
- Works with the administrative staff to collect fees when appropriate
- Maintains calendar in a timely manner and communicates with office staff when conflicts arise
- Attend and participate in weekly staff requirements: meetings, consultations and trainings
- Will participate in community outreach and self-marketing as necessary to build caseload
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a Master’s or doctoral degree in Marriage Family Therapy, Social Work or Counseling, or equivalent. Fully licensed preferred (LMFT, LCSW, LPC), though those provisionally licensed and close to a year out of taking licensure exam are encouraged to apply
- Requires licensure in Texas at time of hiring
- Preferred: Bilingual/Spanish speaking
- Experience in high demand outpatient mental health setting.
- Experience and education related to therapy for children, adolescents and families.
- Willingness to working with children of military and military families (ongoing support and competency training is provided)
- Willingness to provide spiritually integrated therapy; assess one’s use of spirituality as a resource and incorporate a client’s spirituality into counseling if requested. (competency training provided annually)
- Knowledge and experience providing therapy that is trauma-informed and evidence based, such as TF-CBT, PE, CPT, EMDR,TBRI
- Ability to assess a client’s therapeutic needs, to establish a therapeutic relationship, and to evaluate therapeutic outcomes.
- Work cooperatively with an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Experience providing culturally sensitive treatment to individuals from diverse religious/spiritual, cultural, racial, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Records system, as well as comfort with computers, Microsoft office, and various software applications.
The Samaritan Center is committed to culturally responsive services for all persons. We embrace an inclusive and diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contact by email please. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Internship Opportunities at Samaritan Center
If you are interested in an internship with us, please read this first.
- At this time, we are only accepting interns from the following schools with which we have partnerships: The University of Texas, Texas State University and St. Edwards University.
- Typically, Spring internship spots are reserved for social work students while Summer and Fall internships are reserved for counseling interns.
- For clinical internships, we only accept 2nd-year internships.
- First-year graduate students or bachelor-level social work students may submit an application for care-management opportunities at the Samaritan Center.
- We begin accepting applications for Spring internships in October and for Fall internships in February. Interviews are in November and April.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying, please email your resume and education objectives to Shawna@samaritan-center.org.