Employment Opportunities at Samaritan Center
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit agency whose mission is to heal hearts, provide hope and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. In its 47th year, Samaritan Center provides professional, evidence-based counseling, integrative medicine (acupuncture, herbal medicine and Pilates) and peer support to the Central Texas community. We serve children and adults of all ages and walks of life. We strive to provide low-cost services to those who can’t afford the cost of professional services and take insurance for insured clients. Programs include Children and Whole Families, Hope for Heroes, and Justice Involved Veterans Field Services.
Description: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Intake Specialist is responsible for answering phones and scheduling client appointments. This will include conducting Intake Interviews with potential clients in order to assign a therapist and scheduling a new intake appointment. This requires coordinating schedules for all therapists and interns, understanding therapist specialties and areas of expertise, the insurance carriers with whom they are credentialed, and their available appointment times. This position will send daily payment requests to clients prior to their appointments, as well as collecting and documenting payments appropriately. This is a full-time, hourly position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer a multi-line telephone system with high call volume
- Schedule appointments using an Electronic Health Records System
- Maintain wait list when at full capacity
- Prepare and maintain client records to meet compliance requirements
- Conduct Intake Interviews with new clients
- Enter client information into Electronic Health Records System with great accuracy
- Assign appropriate therapist to new clients
- Check in clients (when in-person services resume) and collect co-pays/payments
- Inform therapists of schedule additions and changes as appropriate
- Send daily reminder messaging report, make reminder calls to clients when necessary
- Send client paperwork to new clients, make follow-up calls, ensure all proper documentation is obtained prior to initial appointment
- Complete weekly reports to ensure integrity of client data
- Various administrative tasks, including but not limited to scanning, copying, filing, faxing, and tidying the waiting area (when in-person services resume)
- Provide clerical support to administrative staff
- Be available to work Monday-Friday between 8:45a.m.-6:15p.m. and comfortable with alternating scheduling
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Competent with computer programs, such as Word, Excel & Adobe
- Comfortable learning new computer programs and software
- Able to collect cash, count money, and return correct change
- Bilingual preferred
Please include resume and cover letter to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
This position is currently fully remote, candidate will need reliable internet access and a private workspace to protect client protected health information and will eventually resume in-office operations at our main location.
Internship Opportunities at Samaritan Center
If you are interested in an internship with us, please read this first.
- At this time, we are only accepting interns from the following schools with which we have partnerships: The University of Texas, Texas State University and St. Edwards University.
- Typically, Spring internship spots are reserved for social work students while Summer and Fall internships are reserved for counseling interns.
- For clinical internships, we only accept 2nd-year internships.
- First-year graduate students or bachelor-level social work students may submit an application for care-management opportunities at the Samaritan Center.
- We begin accepting applications for Spring internships in October and for Fall internships in February. Interviews are in November and April.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying, please email your resume and education objectives to Shawna@samaritan-center.org.