Individual therapy (also called “counseling” and “psychotherapy”) involves working one-on-one with a trained therapist in a safe, caring, and confidential environment. Our intake specialists will match you with a therapist best suited to meet your individual needs. At the Samaritan Center, we welcome people from different races, sexual orientations, and religions.
Some of the reasons people seek individual therapy include:
- Overcoming anxiety, depression and stress
- Coping with grief and loss
- Addressing addiction and compulsive behaviors
- Fostering healthy boundaries and relationships
- Building greater self-esteem and personal growth
- Healing from trauma or overwhelming life events
- Exploring personal meaning, growth and spirituality
Therapy modalities are as diverse as an individual’s needs. Here are a few that we specialize in:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Learn more here.
- Career Counseling
- EMDR(Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). Learn more.
- Pastoral or Spiritual Counseling. Learn more.
- Solutions Focused Counseling. Learn more
- Somatic Experiencing. Learn more.
- Couples Counseling. Learn More
- Child and Adolescent therapy. Learn More
- Family Counseling. Learn More